Our Top Picks
“The quality, weight, and features are top notch and very innovative.”
“Smooth ride- handles small bumps, and rough surfaces well.”
“The scooter is smooth as silk to drive, and stop.”
“It feels very safe to ride with the dual braking systems, sturdy frame, and pneumatic tires.”
“Easy to handle. Good battery life. No problems so far. Very pleased!”
“Goes fast and has great charge.”
“The battery life has been great, easy to ride and get around the neighborhood.”
Electric Commuting scooters have gained a lot of popularity lately for the right reasons. They are affordable, convenient and great for the environment. If you are thinking about getting an electric Commuting scooter, we have listed some of the best options for you.
Item 1: Segway Ninebot Self-Balancing Electric Scooter
The Segway Ninebot is a stylish electric commuting scooter that is easy to learn and very safe to ride. It is light and portable which means you can carry it anywhere you want without any hassles. The powerful 400W motors with intelligent BMS helps you to ride smoothly. It is a comfortable self-balancing scooter.
- It has a sturdy design and powerful motor.
- It is comfortable and safe to ride.
- It comes with remote control and auto-follow mode. You can control the scooter easily with a joystick and when you are not riding, the scooter will automatically follow you.
- Comes with an intelligent app that has features like anti-theft, speed adjustments, self-diagnosis, adjustable ambient light, etc.
- Some users reported that the vehicle has some battery issues.
Item 2: Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter
The Hiboy S2 Pro electric scooter comes with 10” solid tyres that is great for going long ranges upto 25 miles. It can move up to a speed of 19mph and is a great commuting option for adults. It has intelligent and powerful motors which are equipped with speed controlling options. It’s dedicated app helps you to control the scooter with ease.
- It would give you a comfortable and safe ride.
- It comes with 40 knots 36V/11.4AH big capacity batteries which can give a mileage of upto 25 miles.
- The Hiboy S2 app helps you to control the scooter with ease and convenience.
- The rear dual shock absorber gives you a very comfortable ride.
- The customer service takes time to respond in case of any issues.
Item 3: Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
This is a UL certified scooter that comes with a premium 36V, 7.8ah lithium ion battery. It has a charge time of 3.25 hours and can run upto 15 miles in a single charge. The powerful 250W motor makes it a great option for daily commute by adults.
It has airless rubber tires which can make your journey very smooth and being equipped with both hand and foot brakes adds up to the safety of the scooter. The foldable option makes the vehicle very portable and easy to move from one place to the other.
- It is energy efficient and an affordable electric scooter.
- It is very easy to learn and a great daily commuting option for the adults.
- It comes with no-maintenance and there is no need for constant up-keep.
- It has a vertical self-standing option and you can conveniently roll it up like a suitcase.
- It gives a bumpy ride on hilly and uneven roads, so users need to be careful about that.
Item 4: Gotrax XR Elite Electric Scooter
The Gotrax XR Elite electric scooter gives a superior performance with a 300W motor. It can attain the maximum speed of 15.5MPH. It is designed for convenience as you can easily view the current speed and battery life of the vehicle on the in-built LED display.
The Dual brakes provide additional safety to the scooter. It also comes with safety upgrades like better headlights for more visibility, 6 reflectors, etc. The one-step folding system is easy and makes this electric scooter highly portable.
- It has a spacious platform of 6.6 inch which gives you a very comfortable ride.
- The ultra bright headlight, tail light, and 6 reflectors gives you added safety while you ride at night.
- It comes with a max speed of 15.5.
- The dual braking system ensures the vehicle runs smoothly on all roads.
- Some customers reported problems with the tires after a few days of usage.
Electric Commuting Scooters #5: Megawheels Electric Scooter
The powerful Megawheel electric scooter has a 350W brushless engine that can attain a max speed of 15.6MPH. It’s large capacity battery can give you a mileage upto 16 miles. It comes with three gears and headlight which adds to your convenience.
The dual brake system and pedal being made of maple wood adds to the safety of the scooter. It comes with air-filled tires that helps you to drive comfortably. It is foldable and highly portable which adds to your convenience.
- This electric scooter is lightweight, foldable, and portable.
- It comes with 3 gears that you can easily change with the help of a button.
- The headlight and rear light can reach upto a range of 4 meters and provides added convenience for nighttime driving.
- It comes with a user-friendly LED display that helps you to control the device very easily.
- Some users have reported battery issues with this electric scooter.
Electric Commuting Scooters #6: Razor E200 Electric Scooter
The Razor E300 is a great adult electric scooter that comes with a full-size deck and frame. It comes with a 200W battery, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that helps the scooter to run up to a speed of 12mph. It comes with rechargeable batteries that enable the scooter to run smoothly up to 40 minutes.
Being made up of steel frame and fork, along with having pneumatic front and rear tires, this scooter is able to give you a smooth ride on uneven roads. Coming from a reputed brand like Razor, you will not have to worry about the quality of the scooter and it’s affordable too.
- It comes with a full-size deck and frame to give you a comfortable ride.
- It has a sturdy design that can easily hold the weight of adult riders.
- It can give a speed of 12mph which means it is a fun option for all those solo rides.
- It can run for 40 minutes straight on a single battery recharge.
- You can only use it for rides in your neighborhood.
Electric Commuting Scooters #7: VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter
If you are into street-art, you would love the way this scooter looks. It looks unique and is high on performance. You can ride it up to a speed of 10MPH and can also manage it using the throttle on the right handlebar easily. It also comes with a very durable and hand-activated rear brake that is a great safety feature.
This kid-friendly electric scooter comes with LED lights which ensures visibility round the clock and it’s design is loved by kids. It comes with a fully covered motor and chain which protects the equipment from road debris. It is a great scooter option for your kids to ride around the neighborhood.
- It can give a top speed of 10mph and the hand throttle can effectively control the speed too.
- The scooter is designed in a way that all the equipment is covered properly which adds up to the safety of the vehicle.
- The LED lights give high visibility and great ground effects.
- It comes with a kickstand so that the scooter can stand anywhere conveniently.
- Some users suggest battery issues with this electric scooter.
Buyer’s Guide for Electric Commuting Scooters:
Electric scooters have taken over the market when it comes to daily commuting options. These vehicles are safe, environment-friendly and pocket-friendly too. There are different types of electrical scooters available in the market, we have listed them below:
There are two types of electric kick scooters, the ones that come with two tires and the other with three tires for added stability. These have a compact design and are light-weight too. The best thing about these electric kick scooters is that you can fold it up and keep it conveniently in a corner when not in use.
Riding electric scooters is not limited to city roads, you can now use them off-road too. These are great for taking to excursions or on natural trails. It has large tires to give you a smooth ride on bumpy roads and the powerful motors let it travel smoothly without much hassles.
The main difference between kids and adult scooters is that the former has lighter weight and reduced size. It mostly comes with three-wheels to provide additional support and prevents them from falling-off. They come in various kid-friendly cool designs.
The self-balancing electric scooter is gaining a lot of popularity these days because of its unique design and convenience. You would need to practice for sometime to learn riding this scooter but once done, it would give you a smooth ride. These are usually controlled by your knees.
These scooters have powerful motors and wide tires. Electric mopeds are sometimes as good as the normal scooters. They are a great daily commuting option and come at a pocket-friendly price range. These scooters can accommodate two people at a time and are fun to ride.
Here, we have listed a number of features that you should consider before buying your electric scooter:
- Design- buying an adult electric scooter can be tricky. Sometimes they look like a kid scooter which is not at all desirable. Also, messy wiring can hamper the overall aesthetics of your scooter. So, keep that in mind before buying and also make sure you opt for foldable design for added convenience.
- Weight- you should always choose a lightweight scooter so that you can take it anywhere you want without any hassles. Also, make sure that the scooter is capable enough to bear your weight.
- Mileage- The battery life is an important feature to consider when you are buying an electric scooter. Go for options that give higher mileage on a single battery charge. It would improve your convenience and usability.
- Speed- if you are going to use an electric scooter for daily commute, it is important that you should take speed of the vehicle into consideration. Powerful motors can give your scooter greater speed.
- Lighting- Riding an electric scooter at night would not be a problem if you have powerful front and rear lights.
- Brakes- Foot brakes are the most common for electric scooters. Ensure the vehicle you are going to buy offers a good braking system so as to enhance your safety.
- Tires- There are two types of tires available for electric scooters- pneumatic and airless. The former is better at shock absorption but needs much more maintenance than the latter.
- Price- you should always decide your budget first before you head out to buy an electric scooter. It would narrow down your search and help you to get the best product within a budget.
- Warranty- go for scooters that come with warranty, even if that means you would have to pay some additional bucks. It would make your purchase secure and you will be able to approach the company directly in case any issue arises.
Conclusion: Electric Commuting Scooters
The Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter is the top pick from our list. It is one of the best electric scooters available in the market and is equipped with the necessary features to give you a comfortable and safe ride. The dual shock absorber gives you a smooth ride on all types of roads.
You might want to hear this:
Carey N. Smith said…
“I’m 75 , have COPD and have had this great scooter for a year. I use it all the time on and off public transportation to get around Portland, OR. It’s so much fun and I highly recommend it.”