As a parent, your number one priority will always be the safety of your child. You want security during nap time and at night, as well. One of the most convenient ways to get that security is with the best smart baby monitor. Here, we’ll explore what ReviewRoller feels are the best options for you and your family.
Our Top Picks
“Overall, the Nanit Pro is awesome and I would highly recommend it for any new parents!”
“We are enjoying the monitors and are grateful for the security the monitors provide us.”
“We got Cubo for its excellent hardware design and image quality.”
“I’m impressed with this baby monitor!”
“Very happy with the quality of this camera.”
“Our family friends are expecting their first baby soon, and I’m planning to buy one more of this monitor as a gift for them, and I’m sure they will enjoy it the same way I do.”
“I’m really pleased with this product and excited to have this addition in our nursery.”
What you’ve read so far is only the tip of the iceberg! Keep reading because there is a lot more to learn about our top picks for the best smart baby monitor. We’re also including a comprehensive Buyer’s Guide that will provide you with information regarding usage, safety, and address concerns about radiation exposure.
Item 1: Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor & Floor Stand
If making memories is important for you then the Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor is a good choice. This monitor will capture your baby’s milestones automatically! The stand gives you a great “birds-eye view” of your child and it does have safe-cable management. It comes with a breathing band to keep track of your child’s respiration.
- Growth sheets (sold separately) keep track of your child’s growth right from their crib
- Custom coaching for developing good sleep habits
- Can take the camera out of the floor stand and install it in the multi-stand for traveling
- Setup is easy
- It makes a beeping sound when turned off; can disturb your baby if sleeping
- Night vision could use improvement
- The floor stand could be made better and more durable
Item 2: New Miku Pro Smart Baby Monitor
One feature that stands out with the Miko Pro Smart Baby Monitor is that it tracks your baby’s breathing without the need to attach anything to your baby. It’s completely contact-free with the use of proprietary SensorFusion technology. It also features tamper-resistant Crypto Chip paired with advanced encryption and two-step authentication – an important safety feature.
- The live breathing waveform show’s your baby’s breathing in real-time
- Setup is easy; all tools are parts are included
- Has a setting specifically for preemie babies
- The camera has a nice, crisp image
- The alert beep needs to be louder
- Times out so you need to keep an eye on it to be sure it’s connected
- iOS app needs improvement
Item 3: Cubo Ai Plus Smart Baby Monitor and 3-Stand Set
A.I. baby safety alerts, sleep analytics, and two-way audio makes this a great choice for your nursery or playroom. This monitor, co-created by a pediatrician, will alert you if your baby’s mouth or nose is covered or if they are face down. This baby monitor features three stand options to make the transition from baby to toddler.
- Can connect multiple Cubo Ai cameras to one account; access can be shared with up to 7 people
- Features try cry detection and danger zone alerts
- Image quality is clear
- Zoom in feature works great
- Firmware issues are a bit cumbersome
- Sound filter to block out background noise isn’t great
- Cry alerts are disabled when playing one of the lullabies or white noise
Item 4: Motorola Halo+ Video Baby Monitor
Motorola has been a trusted household name for electronics since 1928. So, you know you’ll be getting a dependable product with their smart baby monitor.It features a 4.3-Inch color screen with infrared night vision and intercom. The Hubble Baby Smart Sleep Assistant keeps track of your baby’s hours of sleep, as well as the diaper changes, pumping sessions and number of feeding times. The two-way speaker allows you to comfort your baby no matter where you are in the house.
- The is fitted with a night light (7 different colors) and lightshow projector
- Multiple cameras can be added
- Setup is simple
- Camera is easily detached to sit other places
- There is a fee to upgrade the app
- Battery life on parent camera isn’t great
- Camera doesn’t rotate up and down, only side to side
Item 5: Lollipop Baby Monitor with True Crying Detection
ReviewRoller appreciates the flexibility and color choices with the Lollipop Baby Monitor. The monitor can be wrapped around the crib or adjusted to fit on a table. The color choices are turquoise, pink, and yellow. The sleep tracker helps to develop good sleeping habits and it features a multi-streaming mode. Add as many cameras as you want!
- You’ll get alerted when your baby climbs out of the crib
- Plays soothing lullabies and white noise
- The app is user-friendly
- Easy setup
- You may need a stronger router to keep this monitor connected
- Restarting the sound timer is a little difficult
- There is a 5 second delay
Item 6: iBaby Smart WiFi Baby Monitor M7 Lite
This monitor from iBaby features the widest view with a 360 degree pan and a 110 degree tilt which is helping when your baby begins to crawl. It also has temperature, humidity, air quality, and CO2 sensors. It has many great features that you should check out for yourself!
- Has the ability to record your voice which is great for bedtime stories
- Free daily cloud storage
- Comes with over 1,000 built-in songs
- Can customize schedules for diaper changes and feedings
- There is not a function to turn on the app sound on your phone when you get an alert that a kid is crying
- App needs a lot of improvement
- Images may be a bit pixelated
Item 7: VTech Upgraded Smart WiFi Baby Monitor VM901
With an upgraded 720p Display, true color cay vision, and HD night vision, you can take the smart baby monitor anywhere with confidence. It features direct mode/router mode, auto-switching, fully remote pan tilt zoom, and a built-in wide-angle lens.
You can lull your baby to sleep gently with 5 calming lullabies or choose from one of four ambient sounds including white noise. It also has two-way talk support if what your child needs to hear is your soothing voice.
- Has motion and temp alerts
- There are no fees or monthly subscriptions
- The monitor interface is intuitive and simple to use
- Has an excellent sound quality
- Will only work on a secured WiFi network; the range is limited
- Monitor battery life isn’t great
- If you want to add a camera, note you’ll need to buy a whole system as the manufacturer doesn’t sell individual cameras
Technology makes so many things possible and the technology that goes into smart baby monitors is no expedition. Pediatricians and parents often play a key role in the design and function of baby monitors, and who is better for the job, right?
You may still have some questions so ReviewRoller did the homework for you. Below you’ll find answers to common questions asked by consumers. We hope it helps you!
Our vote is yes. There are so many important features that come with these monitors that will provide you peace of mind. Motion alerts, temperature alerts, detailed sleeping and baby wellness reports are all things that will benefit you and your baby.
If your baby is premature, the breathing and oxygen monitors are incredibly helpful and many pediatricians recommend baby monitors for this purpose.
They are dependable but don’t rely on them to babysit your child. Wifi has issues and alarms can go off when there is nothing wrong. Things happen. So while you’ll find smart monitors reliable, you’ll still need to keep an eye on your baby and your phone.
As a rule, most smart baby monitors on the market today have built-in safety measures to protect your baby but there are steps you can take, too.
- Double-check with the manufacturer to make sure the monitor is secure
- Always use a password that includes special characters and numbers – make it strong and hack proof!
- Change your password often
- Make this password different than other accounts
- Always update your software when needed
- Logout of the app and turn off the camera when not in use
Smart baby monitors do use a range of radio frequencies to transmit video and audio signals. Most baby monitors operate frequencies ranging from 1.89 GHz to 2.4 GHz. These are the same EMFs used by WiFi and microwaves. These tend to emit strong radiation waves.
Children are capable of absorbing 10 times more radiation than adults. To protect your child, buy a low-frequency monitor and make sure it’s placed a safe distance from your baby’s head (6 foot or 1.8 meters away).
After careful research, ReviewRoller has selected the Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor & Floor Stand as the best smart baby monitor. The breathing band to keep track of your child’s respiration is a comforting feature. We also love that it keeps track of milestones! Overall, we feel this is the best option for you to feel secure while your baby is sleeping or playing.
Smart baby monitors can be an important parenting tool. Whether your child is sleeping or playing, it affords you the opportunity to multitask as most parents do every day! As a reminder, be sure to take a look at the Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor & Floor Stand. No matter which smart baby monitor you choose, ReviewRoller hopes this guide has proven helpful.
Scoot S said…
“The image quality is very clear, even on night vision. I love that there are multiple options for “white noise.” It’s a monitor and sound machine in one.”