Our Top Picks
“This is great for picnics, you can carry it everywhere.”
“It is the most stylish machine ever and fizz stays longer.””
“FIZZpod unit is lower in price and comes with 3 bottles in the box.”
“I love this product! Easy to use and convenient and spill-free.”
“Don’t need to buy CO2.”
“It looks just like a bottle, very compact – can carry it everywhere.”
Soda makers are the machines that add a little carbon dioxide gas to your drink or plain water and make it sparkle. Many people call it sparkling water too! Ready to sip? Let’s begin.
Manufactured in the USA, SodaStream Genesis home soda maker occupies less foot space and is very compact.
- Helps to reduce carbon footprint.
- Weighs just 9 pounds and requires less space.
- Easy to clean.
- No electricity or batteries required.
- It uses BPA-free carbonating bottles.
- You can make 60 different flavors and add fizz up to three different levels depending on your choice.
- The body of the soda maker is made from sturdy plastic, not steel.
- Refilling CO2 cylinders can add up to the cost depending on your use.
Yet another soda maker from the USA which offers you style with the fizz! Available in three different color variants and occupies less footprint.
- Any drink can be carbonated using the DrinkMate soda maker.
- It weighs just 3.65 pounds and can be carried almost everywhere.
- It does not require electricity or batteries for charging.
- It offers two levels to carbonate your drink.
- The CO2 bottle is BPA-free and has a volume mark line.
- It works with any 60 liters CO2 carbonators.
- It is eco-friendly and most easy to use.
- You need to handle it properly while making soda or else due to the lightweight structure the drink spills.
Item 3: FIZZpod Soda Maker
The USA made Fizzpod soda makers can be used for gifting. This is because it looks stylish and comes with three PET BPA-free bottles. The compact size makes it a perfect companion in the kitchen.
- It uses a 2-step gas relief and a split injection pipe that allows you to carbonate any drink and even add fruits to it.
- It uses a standard 60L cylinder that can be procured from anywhere.
- It is lightweight, just 3.44 pounds and easy to use.
- It uses BPA-free bottles and is safe to use.
- Does not use electricity or battery.
- Unique auto relief values to relieve blockages.
- Due to the height of the product, it is a bit imbalanced, needing to handle properly while preparing soda else it spills.
- You need to purchase CO2 cylinders separately.
- It is made from plastic and not steel.
Item 4: CO-Z Soda Pop Maker
CO-Z soda maker has a sleek and compact design that adds to the usability of the product. The ergonomic design makes it spill-free even while carbonating the drink despite its being light in weight.
- Easy to use.
- It occupies less footprint in the kitchen.
- It does not require electricity or a battery.
- The ergonomic design makes it spill-proof.
- It is compatible with any brand of CO2 cylinders.
- CO2 canisters are not included.
- Does not work well with fruits.
Item 5: Spärkel Soda Maker
Sparkel soda maker is the only soda maker on our list that does not use CO2 cylinders. It is an innovative product that uses citric acid and sodium bicarbonate to generate the fizz.
- Saves the recurring cost of CO2 cylinders.
- The A+B pouches for generating fizz can be purchased or can be even prepared at home(use Google).
- Occupies less space and is eco friendly.
- Any drink can be carbonated using it.
- It offers 5 different levels of carbonation.
- Needs to be plugged in.
Item 6: iSi Classic MeshSodamaker
iSi soda maker is a bottle type soda maker that can only add fizz to the drink and you need to later pour it into a glass that contains the flavor that you want. It is handy but tricky to use.
- Very easy to carry and nice for gifting.
- It is made from a BPA-free plastic bottle having a steel finish.
- It comes with a pair of tongs that can be used to clean the equipment.
- It is a bit tricky to use and clean.
- The CO2 infusers can be purchased from the manufacturer only. (see the video before you purchase)
We discussed some of the best models of soda makers available on Amazon. Some of them come with CO2 cylinders while the others require you to buy them separately.
Some require a power source whereas others just require a combination of citric acid and baking soda. According to us, all are equally great.
But if we are asked to choose one amongst them we would go for DrinkMate Sparkling Water and Soda Maker.
It is mainly because you can customize the drink as per your requirement and it is durable. Most importantly it works with any CO2 carbonators and is not company-specific.
This sums up our review on the best soda makers to buy. For those of you who still have some questions in mind, we have a buying guide that will clarify all your doubts.
The basic difference between normal water and soda is just that when you make soda, you add or rather push carbon dioxide gas in it.
This adds a sparkle to the water which is often referred to by us as ‘soda’. When you add some flavors to the plain sparkling water, it is referred to as ‘soda’.
Soda makers do the task of pushing or injecting carbon dioxide gas into the plain water or any other drink and make it carbonated. Adding this gas gives water the buzzing sparkling effect.
According to a statistical report, on average an American consumes 618 eight-ounce servings of soda per year. This turns out to 52% of Americans drinking sugar-sweetened beverages at home and 48% away from home.
If you fall in the 52% category of the people, then you should have a soda maker at home.
Well, I am not an economist or a cost accountant to guide you on the break-even point that you should reach to justify the cost of purchase, but in general, if you are in a habit of having parties every weekend, or prefer to drink just plain carbonated water every day then I think buying a soda maker justifies the cost.
Still, some of you might want to evaluate the cost before buying it. For you, we have an interesting article that will guide you on whether to buy it or not. We hope it helps!
Having a soda maker at home adds to the convenience. You don’t have to rush out every time to get a soda. Also, it is environmentally friendly. This is because you can reuse the canisters.
You will be surprised to know that a 60-liter carbon dioxide bottle can help to reduce the generation of almost 3000 plastic cans and save them from being thrown in the oceans. A big reason to buy it!
Lastly, you know what is going inside your drink. So you can customize your drink and curtail the consumption of sugars in it.
These machines are a bit hefty on the pockets but provide more than fifty different flavors of sparkling water. The best part is that it allows you to customize the carbonization process.
Unlike the aforesaid, wherein you need to insert the bottle in the machine, this one allows you portability. You can carry the bottle almost everywhere and carbonate it as per your need. This soda needs to be drunk immediately else you lose the sparkle in the water.
Rotary Aerated Water Making Machine:
As you can see from the above image, these soda makers are meant for large scale production and not for homes.
Choosing the right model of soda maker: Choose the right model based on your need, frequency of use, and most importantly where you use it – indoors or outdoors.
Degree of carbonization: Some soda makers allow you to set the level of carbonization that you want in your drink while the others don’t. Choose the one that suits your needs.
Price: Apart from just the one-time cost of buying the soda maker do consider the recurring cost of buying canisters and also consider the fact whether it is economical to buy a soda maker machine if you are going to drink an aerated drink regularly.
Replacement of Cartridges: Some soda maker machines allow the cartridges only of a particular brand whereas the others allow generalization. Choose wisely and check for compatibility issues before you buy.
Cleaning and maintenance: This might not be your lookout while purchasing a soda maker machine but it is important. The machine should be easy to clean and assemble.
Addition of flavors: If you wish to add flavors to your drinks then go for the soda maker machines that allow you to do it.
We hope our review helps you in choosing the best soda maker. Do share your observations or anything specific in the comments section. Keep sparkling!
You might want to hear this:
“Nice minimalist design. Works perfectly as advertised.”