Our Top Picks
“..Create your kids’ profile & keep track of their screen time.”
“SO user friendly. My 3-year kid has no problem navigating.”
“screen protector, a stylus pen, some stickers, USB cord add to value.”
“ I didn’t realize it almost looks and feels like an iPad.”
“It has 2 slots for sim cards, can be used as a phone.”
“My son uses it every day for learning on teams.”
“More than I expect, the case and screen protector, most economical.”
Kids tablet is an electronic gadget that acts as a mid-way between a computer/laptop and a smartwatch. They are loaded with games, apps and can be connected to the internet and used for calling too!
Item 1: Amazon Kids Edition tablet
Amazon kids tablet belongs to the 10th generation tablets and has 32GB internal storage. You can add a memory card of 1TB if you wish to expand the memory. It has a Quad-core processor of 2.0 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and requires a USB-C cable for charging.
- It can operate for 12 hours once fully charged.
- It is equipped with an accelerometer and other light sensors.
- It has a facility of ‘voice view screen’ which allows even the visually impaired children to use it.
- It has Wi-fi connectivity.
- It has 2 MP front- and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording.
- It offers a 2-year guarantee and has a protective case to prevent accidental falls.
- It has a built-in Bluetooth 5.0 LE with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphones, and LE accessories.
- Requires 5 hours charging time.
- For exercising parental controls you need to subscribe to Amazon at a recurring cost of $2.99 per month, plus the taxes.
- You cannot load ‘YouTube’ on it, it can be opened in the browser.
Item 2: VANKYO Kids Tablet
If you are not satisfied with our first listing that requires you to pay every month for a subscription then here is a second kids tablet in our list that does not require any monthly payments.
You can download everything from Google Playstore and it already has 3000 interactive games and puzzles pre-installed in it.
Technically, it has a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory of 128GB. It has micro USB ports, and two cameras one in front and the other one on the rear side of 2MP and 5MP respectively. It uses the Android 9.0 platform and supports forty different languages.
- It has a good battery life of six to seven hours depending on the usage.
- It operates on an Android platform, easy to operate, and has good screen resolution.
- You can have different accounts for kids and parents and exercise parental controls.
- Games can be installed from Google Playstore.
- The hard case that is provided with the tablet prevents it from accidental damage.
- Kidoz app is pre-loaded on the tablet with almost 3000 apps and interactive games.
- The blue-light filler protects the eyes from harmful rays.
- Some users feel that the tablet hangs in between switching the apps.
Dragon Touch kids tablet is available in pink color cover and can be the best gift for your girl child. It is somewhat smaller in size compared to Vankyo that we discussed earlier but has similar features to it.
Technically it uses Android 10 as the platform with a 32GB built-in RAM that is expandable up to 128GB. You can access all Google products through this kids tablet. It has a 600 IPS HD display which protects the eyes and it has a rear camera of 2MP. It has a quad-core processor with 2GB RAM.
- It has twenty pre-installed Disney audiobooks and the Kidoz app.
- It can be connected to Wi-fi.
- All of the Google products like Maps, YouTube, Drive, Docs, etc can be loaded in it.
- You can create two separate logins for parental control.
- It has a low battery life of just 3.5 hours.
- It has a camera only on the rear side and not the front side.
Item 4: Beneve Store Kids Tablet
If your kids want a tablet that is similar to your iPad, then have a look at this one from the Beneve store. It has a big screen of 10.1 inches.
The case provided for the protection of the tablets has cut-outs near the buttons so that you don’t have to take the tablet out of the case to operate it.
Technically, it has a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 32 GB internal memory. It operates on the Android 9.0 operating system and supports an extra memory card of 32 GB.
- It has Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity.
- It has a front and rear camera of 2.0MP and 5.0MP respectively.
- It has a built-in microphone and a speaker.
- It has pre-installed IWAWA software with games, learning, and educational apps, puzzles, music, reading apps, etc.
- Various apps can be downloaded from the Google play store.
- It offers a 12-month warranty on the product.
- Some people face difficulty in downloading apps.
Item 5: LAMZIEN Kids Tablet
Lamzien kids tablet will be a perfect choice for you if you want fast processing. It has got a powerful processor and two SIM card slots. This helps in calling too!
Technically, it used the Android 8.1Oreo operating system and has a 32GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB.
- It can be connected via Bluetooth or Wi-fi.
- Capable of being used for making calls.
- It has a pre-installed IWAWA app with lots of puzzles, learning apps, and games.
- It has a unique airbag case that prevents damage from falls.
- Permits parental controls.
- 6000mAh battery allows un-interrupted usage of 12 hours.
- Google apps can be downloaded.
- Has FM radio too for the music.
- It has a front and a rear camera of 2MP and 5MP respectively.
- We didn’t find any.
Item 6: SANNUO Kids Tablet
When the pandemic occurred, learning institutions shifted to online learning instead of physical schools. Some of the working parents had to share their laptops with their kids. This affected their routine.
Sannuo kids tablets can help the child in learning online and keeping pace with technology. You can use Google classroom, Microsoft Teams on it.
Technically, it has two SIM card slots, GMS Certified, operates on the Android 9.0 platform, has 2GB RAM, 10.1-inch display with fast 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 16GB internal memory.
- It has GPS connectivity, Wi-fi connectivity, and Bluetooth facility.
- It can be used for making phone calls.
- The touch screen is very receptive to touch.
- It is very easy to operate.
- It has a front and a rear camera of 2.0MP and 5.0MP respectively.
- We could not find any.
Item 7: QunyiCO Kids Tablet
This tablet is most suitable for small kids who can use it to watch educational stuff, play games, or listen to music. The pre-installed IWAWA app offers lots of games, puzzles, and learning apps.
Technically, it has 32GB internal memory and 2GB RAM, a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, uses an Android 10.0 operating system, has front and rear cameras with Wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is quite light in weight and most economical to buy.
- GMS certification makes it very easy to access all apps from the Google store.
- IPS eye protection technology makes it safe for kids.
- It has parental controls.
- The display is just 7 inch which is less compared to the other kids tablets that we listed earlier.
- It is available only in pink color, boys may not opt for it.
- The battery is 3000mAh which can run the tablet for 3 to 4 hours.
When you are planning to buy a kids tablet you need the first thing you need to check is the pre-installed apps, the memory, the processor, the display, durability, and the ability to enhance the memory.
If it has Wi-fi, SIM card slots, and Bluetooth connectivity, it is the icing on the cake.
Considering the above features we feel that the LAMZIEN Kids Tablet is the best.
It has all the good features that look for in a kids tablet and SIM card slots is an added benefit.
For those of you who want a checklist to check and compare different tablets, here is a buying guide that will help you to choose the best.
KIDS TABLET BUYING GUIDE
The screen time: This fact is not considered while purchasing a tablet but it is of utmost importance. This is so because if kids are going to use it for online learning then it is better to purchase a tablet with a large display, and one having large memory and decent battery life.
GMS certification: GMS certification ensures that you can freely use Google products on the tablet. You can use YouTube, download apps and games from Google Playstore, and all apps from Google.
The Display Size: In our discussion, we listed products that had a small display of 7 inches and as big as 10 inches. Depending on the screen time and the purpose for it is being put to you can decide the screen size you want to opt for.
IPS technology: IPS technology ensures that even if kids use the tablet for a longer duration of time, their eyes don’t pain. This prevents them from getting the problem of ‘dry eyes’ in the long run.
Parental controls and logins: By parental controls, we don’t want to do helicopter parenting but control over the websites or the videos that our kid can view can give us peace of mind.
Some tablets allow having different logins for kids and adults. They can be used to keep on the online activity of kids.
The protective ‘case’: All the tablets that we listed have a protective case surrounding them. This protects them from getting damaged. This is essential because the kids are going to handle the tablet and the damage is most probable. Generally, it is supplied as an add-on with the tablet.
Expandable memory: Some tablets have expandable memory whereas others don’t have it. It is better to have a tablet with expandable memory so that many things can be stored in it if needed.
Pre-installed apps: Some of the tablets contain pre-installed apps. Of course! You can always install themselves but these apps contain education stuff, games, puzzles, and lots more that save you from this burden. Look out for tablets with pre-installed apps.
Battery life and weight: lways remember that kids are going to use the tablet so the weight of the tablet should be pretty less. The best judge for this purpose would be the kids themselves. They should be freely able to carry it without dropping it.
The battery life should be decent and allow the tablet to operate for 7 to 8 hours after it is charged. This is particularly important if kids are going to use it for learning.
Connectivity: Some of the tablets offer connectivity through Bluetooth or Wi-fi. Depending on the usage you can choose a tablet with connectivity. Toddlers might not need it but a teenager might not like a tablet without this feature.
Call making and receiving facility: Some tablets have SIM slots and allow the user to use them as a phone and even connect to social media. This feature can be useful if you have different logins and an adult is also going to use the tablet.
We hope our review helps you in choosing the best for your kids. Any suggestions are always welcome in the comments section. Happy Surfing!
Sam wang said…
“I bought this little tablet for daughter. She absolutely love it. it works amazing. i would definitely recommend this tablet for smaller children. i love the kidz mode… “