“Ah! My aching back!” We’ve all been there and it isn’t fun. What you need is at-home relief that is safe and affordable. For that, you need the best massage mat. Review Roller can certainly help!
We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to help you find the best massage mat for your needs. You’ll discover our top picks, customer reviews, details about each product, and a Buyer’s Guide that answers most commonly asked questions by consumers like you who want to spend money wisely.
Our top picks
“I tried to find something that I didn’t like about this one, and I just could not find one. I am very happy with the purchase.”
“I use this while watching tv and it is absolutely relaxing!””
“I highly recommend this to anyone who suffers with the occasional body aches and muscle strains.”
“This is the best vibrating body massage pad I have found in my 5-year search!”
“If you’re looking for a massage mat, this is the one!”
“Really helps my chronic back pain from degenerative disc disease.”
“Easy to use, not bulky works as expected and then some! ”
While a professional massage is a wonderful experience, it isn’t always accessible. The good news is you can get the massage you need at home. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of at-home massage mats.
The Cadillac of massage mats! Shiatsu originated as a Japanese practice that combines pressure points and light manipulation to stimulate the body’s systems in order to promote healing. Now widely popular everywhere, it is something anyone can achieve at home. This mat will do the trick with 10 vibrating motors, 3 massage zones, and 4 rotation nodes. Product dimensions are 41x 24.4inches and it weighs just a little over 16 pounds.
- Features a simple-to-use wired remote control
- The material (polyurethane leather) is easy to clean
- The heating pad can be moved to target specific areas of the body
- 3 intensities to customize the massage
- It is a bit noisy
- Rollers do not fully move up and down the back
- The heating pad is a bit slow to warm up
Comfier has developed a mat with optional heat therapy, 10 vibration motors, 5 massage modes, and 4 massage zones. The various intensity levels can help you customize your experience on this mate made of a nice, plush fabric. This mat measures 55 x 22 and weighs 9.7 pounds.
- 4 heating pads to target legs, hips, thighs, and back
- The detachable pillow has its own features and works well for neck massages
- Mat is comfortable to lay on
- The remote is easy to work
- Although the pillow and mat can be used separately, there is only one power cord included
- The pouch for the remote is located at the bottom of the mat; not very convenient
- Customer complaints that it was more vibration than massaging
Item #3: Rolli-Fit Memory Foam Massage Mat
While not a full-body Shiatsu massager, this mat by Rolli-Fit is a vibration mat for the neck and back. It features 8 vibrating massage motors, multiple intensities, and 5 different massage modes. You can choose from 4 massage zones and take advantage of the heat therapy, as well. Weight is 9.75 pounds and dimensions are 67 x 21.6 inches.
- Nice, foldable design for easy storage
- Features an auto shut-off to prevent overheating
- The neck pillow is firm which allows for better neck massage
- The material is soft and comfortable
- You may find the lumbar massage weaker than desired
- The full-body vibration could be a bit stronger
- Neck massage may take some getting used to; it is a bit strong
Weighing only 7.35 pounds, this massage mat is an excellent choice if you are looking for lightweight, portable relief from aches and pains. It features 10 vibration modes, 3 intensities, 5 massage modes, and 3 massage zones. There is an auto shut-off to prevent overheating and the heat works separately so you can get a massage with our without it.
- Heats up quickly; around 2 minutes
- The material feels thick and durable
- Pillow is comfortable
- Easy to clean and use
- While the mat heats up quickly, the heat should be warmer
- Seems to only work one side of the body at a time
Item #5: Belmint Massage Mat
The Belmint massage mat has 10 vibration motors that offer 5 vibrations modes. There are 3 intensity settings as well as 4 zone selections. It also has an optional heat function. This pillow has 4 Shiatsu massage modes. The mat dimensions are 56 x 23 inches.
- The massage pillow does a good job of relaxing tension knots
- The Shiatsu massage can be controlled separately from the vibration
- Good customer service
- The remote is simple to navigate
- Some might find the neck massage a bit too strong
- The mat might be a bit too thin for some users
- Auto shut off kicks in after 15 minutes; could be longer
Item #6: SNAILAX Memory Foam Massage Mat
This mat is made of high-density foam and can easily be folded and relocated anywhere you may want to relax. It features 5 vibrating modes. 4 massage zones, and 3 intensity levels. The mat can be used with or without heat. It weighs a little over 8 pounds and the dimensions are 67 x 24 inches.
- Heat is distributed through 6 different pads for a nice all-over sensation
- The memory foam is thick and comfortable
- Massage motors are nicely positioned
- The vibration can be controlled to work all at once or on targeted areas of the body one at a time
- The electrical cord is too short
- If you are taller than 5’ 5” inches, this mat might not hit you in the right spots
- The cord only plugs in on one side which may limit where you can use the mat
Item #7: FIVE S FS8831 Massage Mat
If you’re on a tight budget and need a good massage mat, this one is for you. It hits 4 zones with 5 massage modes and 3 intensities. The auto shut-off kicks in after 30 minutes to protect from overheating. The manufacturer also offers a 3-year warranty. The mat measures 69 x 23 inches and weighs around 5 pounds.
- The mat is soft and comfortable
- The remote is easy to use
- The 30-day money-back guarantee is a nice bonus
- The mat is not at all bulky
- The cord connecting the remote to the mat is too short; awkward to use
- The heat feature could be better
- It’s a bit noisy
We find the Shiatsu Massage Mats for Full Body-Massage to be the best option for at-home relief of aches and pains. There are many great features and the detachable heating pads adds to the ability to customize your massage. It is pricier than the others on our list but we feel it is definitely the best bang for your buck.
As part of our research, the staff at Review Roller scours the Internet looking for the most commonly asked questions about the products we feature. We also heavily research answers so we can provide you with the knowledge you need to make a smart, informed decision. You don’t want to waste money and we don’t want you to either! We do hope you find the following information helpful.
Good question! There are several features we recommend you look for:
- Length: Be sure you get one long enough to hit all the areas of your body that require a healing massage.
- Heat: Heat enhances the experience and let’s face it, it just feels good!
- Speeds/vibration: Look for a mat that has adjustable speeds/vibrations to get the best results; this helps to customize your massage.
- Carrying case/straps: If you plan to frequently move your mat then you want a case and/or strap to make it easily portable.
- Remote control: Because you don’t want to constantly be moving about during your massage, get a mat that has an easy to reach remote control.
The bottom line is you want to select a mat that offers you the most options for customization.
Absolutely! There are many choices available from thick foam padding to simple polyester-filled mats. Most mats come with a soft, plush cover to help with comfort. The type of mat and cover you choose is a matter of personal preference.
We’d like to remind you to give the Shiatsu Massage Mats for Full Body-Massage a look as we feel this is the best massage mat for home. It ticks all the boxes with regard to functionality, durability, comfort, and portability. No matter your choice, we hope we’ve been able to provide you with all the information you need to get the relief and relaxation you deserve.
You might want to hear this:
Adam Poltrock said…
“Bought this for my mom and she loves it! It’s total body with a powerful massager. It was worth the $ and may buy another for my dad”