Our Top Picks
“It works good on all surfaces. I use it for Tile, wood, and carpeting.”
“…And they are also very cheap, much cheaper than the same level of vacuum cleaners! I love it!”
“Love this vacuum. Lightweight. Easy to use. Powerful suction. Fits underneath couches easily.”
“It is easy to use, has a strong suction power. And the battery is plug-in, which is simply too convenient.”
“The battery is separate which is great. I bought an extra one so I always have a charged vacuum.”
“… I was able to vacuum my entire house once before it needed charging, in low suction mode, the battery lasts for 3 sessions.”
“It’s so lightweight that even my 3-year daughter has started helping me around the house with cleaning.!”
If you are reading this, it means you know the complexities of buying a cordless vacuum cleaner. We have shortlisted the best cordless vacuum cleaners for you that use HEPA filters and best considering the battery power, storage, suction capacity, and other parameters. Here are our top picks!
Tocmoc is a stick vacuum cleaner with 200W 22Kpa super suction 2000mAh battery. It can be used on different types of floors and carpets. Most surprisingly, it can be even used to clean the dust from the fans. This can be a boon to people with dust allergies!
- Elegant design and easy to store and charge.
- Great suction capacity, can be used in houses with pets.
- A 200W brushless motor is powerful enough to pick up all dirt and debris quickly.
- Two different modes for cleaning, depending on the intended use.
- Lightweight and flexible angles make it even more comfortable to use even in the corners of the house or under the furniture.
- It has a washable filter.
- Requires a charging time of 5 hours.<,/
- Once charged it can work for 30 mins on high speed and 12 minutes on low speed.
- The battery is not detachable and you need to contact the seller, in case you need to replace it.
Orfeld vacuum cleaner is made in Japan and has a 160W powerful motor with 17000pa powerful suction capacity. What’s more, is that you get a 12-month warranty on the product and a LED brush head that allows you to see the dust clearly while cleaning. It has a continuous mode wherein you require to press the button just once to operate it continuously.
- Powerful motor with 17000 Kpa suction capacity and the motor that runs at a speed of 100000rpm.
- Two different modes to operate.
- It can be used on all floor types and even cars.
- Once charged it can continue operations for about 30 minutes depending on the cleaning mode selected.
- It has a powerful battery of 2200mAh that provides the great capacity to the machine.
- Hepa filters can be easily removed and cleaned.
- It is light in weight and creates a noise level of less than 68dB.
- The design looks bulky compared to others in a similar category.
According to a survey Dyson is the most preferred brand among customers. It offers different models with different suction capacities and attachments. The difference lies in the attachments and the working life once charged. V7 or V8 models are suitable for small homes. Dyson vacuums can be used to clean cobwebs too!
- Available in different variants considering the suction power and attachments.
- Easy to use and store.
- With the push of a button, the bin can be emptied and you need not touch the dust.
- It has powerful suction with 15 cyclones arranged parallel to one another.
- It requires a less charging time of 3.5 hours
- Depending on the mode opted for, the battery can last for 30 min in standard mode or just 6 minutes in deep cleaning mode.
- It is heavy compared to the other models.
- The suction capacity, the watts used and other technical features are not displayed in the product details.
Aposen vacuum cleaners use four-stage filtration systems capable enough to clean 99.99% of dust particles. It has two different modes to operate and perhaps the longest-lasting battery life in all the options that we have listed. It has a 2200mAh battery that is powerful enough to last 30 minutes at 8Kpa and 12 minutes at 24Kpa.
- It has a battery life indicator that indicates the charge left in the machine.
- The LED helps to sweep floors, carpets in a more efficient way by making dust visible.
- The product comes with a one year warranty.
- It has a decent suction capacity of 250Watts and can be used on all surfaces.
- The dust collector bin can be emptied and washed and has a large capacity of 1.2L so that you don’t have to empty it frequently.
- Cleaning the stainless steel mesh is rather difficult if you have pets around you. The stuck hairs are hard to remove.
Hoover vacuum cleaner looks stylish and a quiet assistant that can be parked in any corner of your rooms. With the range of different accessories, it is easy to use it on carpets, wooden floors, and tiles. Most importantly you can keep two different sets of batteries and keep them charged always so that you never run short of the battery life.
- Can be used on different types of flooring like carpets, wooden floors, tiles.
- It has an elegant design and can be parked in corners of the room.
- The battery can be separately charged making it possible to buy an extra set of batteries compatible with the unit.
- With fingertip controls and the vacuum cup that can be washed after use, it is cost-effective and easy to use.
- The battery life indicator indicates the amount of charge left in the machine.
- It is hard to reach in tight areas or corners of the room.
- Sometimes the handle does not stay upright and it falls at a particular angle unless it is properly supported.
INSE vacuum cleaners use less power compared to others in the same category. They need 160watts and have a 2200mAh lithium battery that lasts for 45 minutes. It has a 5-stage filtration system with 12KPA suction power that can be used to clean floors as well as carpets and cars.
- Less power consumption, with great suction capacity.
- The batteries can be detached and separately charged.
- The wall-mountable design makes it easy to store.
- Due to the transparent bin, the dust collected is visible and alerts the user when it requires cleaning.
- It is light in weight, making it comfortable to use it to remove cobwebs on the ceilings of the room without causing discomfort to you.
- It is cost-effective as you get a 1-year warranty on the product plus the bin simply needs to be washed not replaced.
- It adopts an AFDPT battery cooling system that keeps the machine cool while operating.
- It has a cleaning tool with a blade that can be used to quickly remove the hairs that are tangled around the roller brush.
- Due to the rotatable head, it is convenient to clean even the tight areas under the sofa or the corners of the room.
- The bin size is pretty small.
Whall vacuum cleaner has a 250W capacity and has three different modes to operate which make it different from others in a similar category. Depending on the mode selected, the battery can last from 15 minutes to 50 minutes that is capable enough to suck dust up to 19000KPA.
- Three different modes to operate depending on the type of dust.
- It can be used on hard floors, ceilings, cars, and carpets.
- Batteries can be detached for charging.
- The vacuum cleaner is wall mountable, making it convenient to store.
- The bin is easy to remove and needs cleaning with plain water.
- The bin size is pretty small and needs regular emptying.
Each vacuum differs in the suction capacity and the ability to work for sometime when charged. Both parameters affect our buying decision. Depending on what is more important to you, whether it is the time the machine is able to work once charged or the suction capacity, you can choose.
According to us, stick vacuums alone cannot be used to clean homes. They need to be used in combination with canister vacuums. Stick vacuums can be used only for the ‘extra’ cleaning that you might need to do if you are having pets or small children at home.
We love to strike the balance between the suction capacity and the working time. According to us, Whall Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is the best.
It offers the best run time, features, and different modes to operate which is quite good compared to others in a similar category.
If you are still not sure about which one to choose, here’s a buying guide for you that will guide you in the process of decision making.
Vacuuming is all about cleaning the dust. When it comes to the dust the first question that should come to your mind is that ‘what level of filtration do you need?’. There are many more such questions that you need to cover before you purchase vacuum cleaners. Here is a buying guide that answers most of your questions.
The two types of filtration that vacuums use can be broadly classified into:
HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance or Air)—filters capture 99.97% of particulates from inflowing air down to 0.3 microns)
ULPA (ultra-low particulate air) – They filter air more efficiently than HEPA filters and are used in hospitals, or areas where even the slightest of dirt is intolerable.
Generally, at home, a simple HEPA filter vacuum will be okay for you. It will protect you from all kinds of dust allergies and asthma.
The two most important aspects are the type of filters used and the suction capacity. We will discuss both in detail.
Cartridge filter: They are made from paper, foam, or synthetic materials. They are very easy to fix and remove from the machine and can be disposed of.
Cloth filters: Generally areas where large public gatherings occur use such kinds of vacuum cleaner filters. It is because they can be washed and cleaned. They are more durable as compared to the cartridge filters.
Foam filters: Such type of filters are generally used in addition to the other filters and determine the quality of dust-free air that is emitted from the vacuum cleaner.
Scented filters: Apart from the ones we discussed above many other additional products are available that can be added to the filters so that when the air is released from the vacuum cleaner, it feels fresh.
Disk filters: They are similar to the cloth filters and can be washed and removed. But unlike cloth filters, different material is used for filters. Generally, cordless vacuum cleaners use such filters.
Depending on whether they are going to be used in the areas having a greater turnout of people, homes, hospitals, or commercial places you can choose a vacuum cleaner with different suction capacities.
Some vacuum cleaners have different settings for smooth carpets so that the fabric does not get damaged while vacuuming.
Generally for homes, a vacuum cleaner with 50 to 100 CFM works fine!
Technically, many manufacturers display it in various units such as Watts, CFM, AMP, etc.
In our article, we just talked about stick and handheld vacuums but apart from that, there are many other models available in the market. Broadly, they can be classified as under:
Stick and handheld vacuums:
Such vacuum cleaners should be used in combination with canisters. They are usually preferred in houses with pets or small children which require frequent cleaning. They contain batteries and need to be charged to operate. They can effectively work for 15 to 50 minutes depending on the mode selected by you.
These machines are capable to clean dust from tiles, cars, carpets and have greater attachments and functions as compared to the stick vacuums. They have a power cord and need to be connected to the power source while operating.
Robotic vacuum cleaners can be connected to the WiFi and can work on their own. We had earlier written about them in our article wherein we suggested the top models to you and the guide to buying them
Upright vacuums are the best suited for deep cleaning carpets. They too have a variety of attachments and can be used to clean floors and remove cobwebs from the ceilings.
You should opt for the model depending on the intended use of the machine. If it is the main equipment meant for cleaning then canisters would be a better choice than stick vacuums.
Vacuum cleaners do make a fair amount of noise. Choose the machine wisely which generates less noise. A noise level of less than 60dB is recommended.
Depending on whether you want the machine to be used on carpets, cars, tiles, or wooden flooring, you can choose the best model. Each has a different suction capacity and works differently on each surface.
Different machines have different sets of attachments for easy operations. You need to check them and also inquire about the replacement options.
Different models have different power usage. You must choose wisely considering the power consumption and how much powerful motor you need for cleaning your home. A too heavy motor can cost your pocket and defeat the purpose.
Yet another important feature is the battery. Some manufactures offer additional batteries, whereas others don’t. Some models allow the batteries to be charged externally whereas in others they cannot be removed from the machines. All differ in their working time once charged. All these things need to be taken care of.
Canisters or Upright vacuums occupy a large space whereas stick vacuums can be stored in the corners of the room or even wall mounted. Depending on the storage space you have you can choose the model.
Safety should be your first lookout if you have pets or small children at home. Some machines have a smart functionality that automatically shut off if something is clogged in the unit.
We hope our guide helps you in making the best choice for yourselves. Do let us know if you have any suggestions in the comments section.
You might want to hear this:
“I love this design! A product can be used for two purposes! Nice look too! I used to use is more cumbersome, after using this product a lot of convenience, not so tired! “